You may have noticed the online poll on the right of the page. This is actually the Flash interface to the Pollster sample application included on DRK 4.
Pollster includes the following:
- A Flash Interface to place on your website.
- Complete Admin back-end written in ColdFusion
- A Dreamweaver extension that makes it easy to insert the poll into your web site.
The Poll has quite a few features including:
- Complete admin back-end.
- Limit votes per user.
- View results in HTML.
- Export raw results to Excel.
- Enabled and Disable Polls.
- Supports up to 5 answers.
- Complete source code for Flash interface is included.
- Complete source code for ColdFusion back-end included.
- ActionScript API and Library for creating your own Flash interfaces.
The Flash interface uses the Pie Chart component from the Flash Charting Components Set 2, also included on DRK 4.
Finally, there is code that protects against users abusing the poll (by mass voting). However, it is not full proof.
You can view an image of the admin interface here.
You can find more information on the Pollster sample application here.
You can find more information on DRK 4 here.